Felt Gift Box
This tutorial you have to use thick felt for making felt gift box. It is very easy tutorial. You just need two felt sheet for box and lid and then cut out by follow the template. Fold it and glue it. It is very simple and you can change from felt to paper. Sometimes, you want a gift box that fit your gift but you can’t find it in the store. It is not a problem anymore because you can make it by yourself.
Let’s start make it together!
Material for making Felt Gift Box
- A Thick felt sheet for making bottom piece (size: 9” x 9”)
- A Thick felt sheet for making top piece (size: 6.25” x 6.25”)
- Scissors or rotary cutter
- Felt box template
- Hot glue gun and glue stick
How to make Felt Gift Box
- Print the template and cut out two felt pieces, the big piece is for bottom and the small piece is for top.
- Make assembly easier by using the ruler, crease the tabs against the edge of a ruler.
- Fold the triangular tabs inside and fold the rectangular tab up. And then use hot glue to adhere them.
- Do the same as step 3 for top piece to make a box lid.
- If you use rotary cutter, it will make you cut it easily.
- When you fold the triangular tabs inside, if it poke out past the sides of the box, you need to trim it before you glue it.
- You can use this template to make paper gift box instead of felt.
Next time, if you want a gift box, no need to buy at the store because you can make it by yourself!