Many craft lover including me loves felt because felt is soft and easy to make some craft projects. Today I’m going to show you the cutest felt cookie that I’ve ever seen. In this post you will see the material, how to make it and felt cookie free template.
If you want to see another craft project with free pattern & template, please go to this section.
You can give this felt cookie to you kid as a kids toy or you can insert your secret cookie recipe inside and give to your friends or you can make it as an ornament to decorate in your tea-time or any parties. It can be anything because it’s adorable!
Material for making felt cookie
- Felt sheet (any two color)
- Safety eyes (can use thread instead but safety eyes make your cookie adorable!)
- Embroidery threads
- Blush powder (optional)
- Felt cookie template
How to make felt cookie
- Print the template and cut out three felt pieces. Two circle pieces for cookie and a piece for topping.
- Appliqué stitch a topping piece on a circle piece.
- Use scissors to cut little holes on the piece from step 2 for eyes holes. If you don’t have safety eyes, please skip this step.
- Insert safety eyes (or straight stitch) for making eyes.
- Straight stitch on the topping piece for making eyebrows and nose, back stitch for making mouth and add beads.
- Overcast stitch or blanket stitch to combine two circle felts and leave about 1 inch for add stuff.
- Add stuff, you can add anything for example polyester or recipe or note. If you add polyester you should continue overcast stitch after add it but if you add a recipe or a note inside, no need to continue stitch it.
- Add a bit of color on cheek of topping using blush.
- You can use thread instead of bead and safety eyes.
- Make it as an ornament by using ribbon on top.
- Stuff inside felt cookie can be anything that you want for example polyester for make it soft, secret recipe for keep it secret before you give to other people.