Felt Autumn Leaf
This tutorial, I will show you how to make felt autumn leaf. You can use various colors of autumn leaf to make it. You can use it as a coaster, saucer or decorate your parties. It’s very easy to make and use only felt sheet, needle, embroidery thread and felt autumn leaf template. I hope you will enjoy this craft project!
If you want to see another craft project with free pattern & template, please go to this section.
Material for making Felt Autumn Leaf
- Light brown felt sheet
- Dark brown embroidery threads
- A piece of string or ribbon about 10cm (optional)
- Autumn leaf felt template
How to make felt autumn leaf
- Print the template and cut out two felt piece.
- Back stitch on a felt piece to make a ribs of leaf. This step, you can use air and/or water-removable marking pen to draw on the felt before you stitch.
- Add a piece of string or ribbon and use a dot of glue between two felt piece for making a loop. You can skip this step if you don’t want to hang it.
- Blanket stitch to combine two piece together.
- You can use air and/or water-removable marking pens before you stitch the ribs of leaf.
- A piece of string or ribbon is optional. If you don’t want to hang your leaf, no need to use it.
- You can make it as a coaster, saucer, ornament or decorate your party.
- You can use various colors of autumn leaf to make it such as green, brown, orange, yellow or red.
- Recommended to use thread that has color darker and color of felt. For example in this tutorial, I use light brown felt and dark brown thread.